Tuesday 7 August 2007

We have arrived!

After many consecutive hours in transit, in a journey that took us (Team Southern Africa Summer '07, consisting of Heather, Thulasy, Nina and myself)from Toronto to Amsterdam to Nairobi to Harare, we have arrived in Lusaka, Zambia.

Our days here have been filled with additional learning sessions on the region, development practice, and practical exercises. The first major activity was a scavenger hunt in an outlying town - it was a great way to get our feet wet!

I'm currently at an internet cafe next to our hostel which has a bit of a finicky keyboard and mouse combo, so I'll add a more substantial post later.

I should be heading to Malawi sometime this weekend, so I look forward to reporting back from there soon!

3 comments:

Holly M said...

kimmy we miss u already...we hope ur having fun....and p.s. u didnt send me the link to this blog thingy...lol ur dad gave it to me ...hahaha thanks alot kimmy i feel so loved...hope ur having fun eating corn:):) ttyl
love ya
the monkman clan

Laura said...

haha. it still makes me laugh that the monkmans call you "kimmy". How are the motorcycle lessons? I wanna hear about those!!!

Theresa said...

Hi Kim:

You have probably arrived Malawi a day or so and is about to start a fulfilling commitment. Love to read your diary/messages; it's the only opportunity for me to see Africa through you this way.

XO Auntie Theresa